Monday, April 18, 2011

04/16/2011

I woke up in the night to a weird sound, almost like an intermittent clapping in the monitor, and I went in to check on Will. He was fast asleep, but turned completely on his left side. This was new! I figured the sound was just him bumping into the side of the crib or something. I went back to bed. Before long I heard it again, and then crying. Turns out Will was coughing, and it was keeping him from sleeping well. Klif was up with him this time, and when we decided to feed him I took over and sent Klif back to sleep before he had to get up for work. Will didn't even want much to eat, and was back asleep before long. I laid him down on his side and he didn't even squirm. Will was awake when it was time for him to go to work so he brought him into our room and put him in his swing, hoping to give me a little more time to sleep. No luck!
IMG_1714
Since we were up anyway, I decided to take Will into the Saturday clinic to check out his cough and ears. I didn't even change him out of him jammies.
IMG_1717
We got there about 8:10 and surprisingly no one was there yet. We were the first ones to be seen. The doctor said that his ear infections were gone (thank goodness!) but that there was still clear fluid on the ear which can cause a lot of discomfort. He also speculated that the cough was just a minor cold. He suggested continuing with more regular ear drops to stop his ear pain and some infant Tylenol for the cold and discomfort. On the way home we stopped by WalMart to pick up some drinks for Caleb's cook out. I did get some funny looks for having nothing but a baby and a case of Miller Lite. Oh well. Back at home I gave Will some Tylenol, and I think it helped with his pain a lot. He took his first good nap in a long time.
IMG_1719
I put him down in his crib, he didn't move a muscle, and he slept for nearly 2 hours. We were a little late getting to Caleb and Megan's for the Pacer's game, but I didn't want to wake him up from such good sleeping.
IMG_1722
At Caleb and Megan's Will was definitely a bit out of character, and a little fussier than usual. He was kept occupied by dogs and Megan and Todd, and was soon getting worn out.
IMG_1725
About 30 minutes after his second dose of Tylenol, he was out again, sleeping in his car seat amidst all of the commotion.
IMG_1730
I felt bad for the little guy, and soon we headed home and stayed in for the evening.

He's getting so good at rolling!
IMG_1737
I had him all ready for bed and fed by the time Klif got home, but I once again couldn't get him to stay asleep. Klif rocked him while I got ready for bed and by the time I was done he was fast asleep and I was able to carry him upstairs and put him to bed with no problems!

1 comment: