Saturday, October 23, 2010

Welcome William!

On Friday, October 15th, I went for my 39 week check up. My blood pressure was quite high and I still had high protein in my urine, so the doctor asked me to come back on Monday to be rechecked. On Monday, my levels were still high, so I was told I would be induced the next morning.

On Tuesday we headed to the hospital at about 7:30. My petocin was started at 9:00am and soon labor was underway.

It was bearable at first, but by 4 cm I was in intense pain. The petocin gave me little chance to rest between contractions. I was given 2 doses of Nubane (sp?) and then decided to get the epidural. At 5pm I got the epidural, which I didn't even feel! Within 15 minutes I was feeling great! It had taken me 8 hours to get from 2cm to 5cm and after the epidural it only took me 3 hours to get to 10cm! Just after 8pm I started pushing, which was very very exhausting, but I still had no pain. At 9:04 William Bailey Rhodes was born, weighing in at 8lbs 3oz, and measuring 20.5" long.


Will was "grunting" a little while breathing, so after I held him for a few minutes they took him up to the NICU just for some observation.

Just a short time later family started filing in and we just kind of sat around and waited and talked, hoping Will would be back quickly. All of the family had headed out by about 12:30am, and Klif and I got just a bit of a rest before they brought him back about 1:30. We held him for about 30 minutes, but knew we needed a good night's sleep, so we sent him off to the nursery for the night. It was a really long day, but everything went smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment