Sunday, October 31, 2010

10/31/2010 Happy Halloween!

I was so tired I let Klif feed Will when he woke up at 1. I fed Will again at 4:30, and when he started fussing at 6:15 I was NOT ready to get up. I tried the swing, which was fine when the pacifier was in, but that only lasted until just when I was about to fall asleep...

I finally resorted to giving him a little more formula, which did the trick! He (and I) conked back out until 10:30. I didn't really want to sleep that long, but I'll take it!

Will was wide awake this afternoon while I finished icing cupcakes and cookies.
(Please disregard the duct-taped fireplace. We believe there is a wasp nest inside.) We headed out about 2:45 for a Halloween party at Jeremiah and Nichole's. There was good food and lots of people just hanging out and having a good time.



Klif even dressed up as an EMT! Will was a football and Lily was a bumblebee, and they each got a goody bag full of treats from Nana and Pa.



We all headed out in time to get home for trick-or-treaters at 5. We spent the evening handing out candy to ninjas, monsters, and an adorable little mermaid.

Mom and dad stopped by for a bit and watched football and held Will. Before long the night was winding down and it was time to get ready for bed. We had a bit of a scare tonight while will was eating before bed. Klif was sitting in the rocker feeding him and I was in the room dealing with laundry and preparing for the next day. Will had stopped eating, and by the time we noticed and pulled the bottle out of his mouth, he had a mouth full of pooled milk, gagged, and a lot of milk came back up. The worst part was that it took him a few seconds to take in his first breath again after gagging. Scary! He definitely got Klif good!

He finally got calmed back down, but I was listening to the monitor all night!

No comments:

Post a Comment